Help for Boxer Pedigree Archive
To start working with Boxer Pedigree Archive, browse the content offered. The important data on Boxer Pedigree Archive is data about our Boxers. You can see the pedigree and detail information for each dog, but you can also find information about the owners or the breeders of the dogs. You can start by either:
- exploring the newest entries and latest updates on the Newest Entries page or
- by using our search form from the Search Dogs page to look for specific dogs or
- by browsing with the Browse Dogs page for all dogs available in our database
If you would like to actively contribute to Boxer Pedigree Archive by adding or updating your own dogs or other Boxers, you have to create an account on the Boxer Pedigree Archive. You can do so by clicking onto the "Login" link at the top right and choose "Create an Account" on the Login screen.
- Please enter the registered name of the dog you wish to add, WITHOUT TITLES (e.g. "Bridgewood's B. K. Kahuna" or "Telstar's Good Time Charlie").
- The database will generate a list of available names that are already in the database or tell you to continue adding. If the dog is already in the database, select the radio button beside its name. If it is not already in the database, you will be instructed to continue adding it.
- Click on the add breeder button as many times as you need to in order to add each breeder one at a time. Select the radio button beside them if they are already in the database. We recommend not adding personal contact info for breeders unless you’re adding yourself or you have their direct permission to add this information.
- Do the same as step #3 for owners to add each owner one at a time.
- Again, please enter the registered name of the dog you wish to add, WITHOUT TITLES.
- Input the dogs registration number if you know it.
- Choose from the existing list of kennels (in the text field type the first letters and you will receive a list to choose from - be patient this may take a while depending on bandwidth and database size) or type in a new kennel name.
- Adding a new (not yet stored in Boxer Pedigree Archive) sire or dam to a particular dog from the update screen is not possible; there you can only choose from existing sires and dams. Go to the details page of your dog instead and click onto the "Add Dog" links in the dog’s pedigree. Also note, that for choosing an existing sire or dam you have to enter the first three letters of the sire's or dam's registered name whereupon you will receive all sires/dams in the database starting with these letters. Please be aware that retrieving these lists can take some time depending on bandwidth and database size.
- Add the dogs call name if known.
- Click the radio button next to the dog’s gender. Enter the dog’s Date of Birth by day, month and year, Date of Death (if the dog is deceased), Land of Birth, Land of Standing, Size (height), Weight, Colour, and Distinguishing Features.
- Enter all of the dog’s titles.
- Enter health screening information by Registry, Registry ID and Date of exam.
- Click Add Photo to add multiple photos of the dog.
- Search for the dog you want to update.
- Click on the dog’s name.
- Click the “Update” button on the dog’s page.
- Change any information that needs to be updated.
- Click Save.
The management of persons in Boxer Pedigree Archive allows to add persons, browse persons, view and change details of a person. Please be aware that the deletion of persons is only allowed to Boxer Pedigree Archive Administrators! A person in Boxer Pedigree Archive can (but does not need to) have the role of "breeder" or/and the role of "owner". In principle persons are added to Boxer Pedigree Archive by clicking on the "Add Person" entry in the menu which you can find on top of each page, see Screenshot A:
As we found it a common use case that adding persons (that are not yet in the database) should be
possible during the "dog creation"-workflow (when adding breeder or owner to a dog), we are providing
the possibility of adding a new person also there.
On the update-dog screen after clicking either on the "Add breeder" or on the "Add owner" button (see Screenshot B)
you can create a new person if no person with your specified last name (and possibly first name) could be
found in the database. In this case (when choosing the checkbox marked on Screenshot C1) you are adding a new person to
Boxer Pedigree Archive.
When you are choosing a person from the list of available persons (see Screenshot C2) you are using a person
already existing in Boxer Pedigree Archive. In both cases you are adding the role "breeder" and "owner" respectively.
Please note: It is possible to enter more than one breeder or owner for a dog. Moreover clicking on the symbol next to a name, does only remove this person as breeder or owner of a dog but does not delete the person from the database!